2021 Literary Translation Workshop Health Policy
We look forward to seeing colleagues again for a stimulating practical workshop day with some outstanding Swedish authors! Here are some guidelines to help make the event as safe as possible for everyone who takes part.
1. The workshop is open to those who are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 01 October 2021. The participating authors will also be fully vaccinated.
* you or anyone in your household tests positive for COVID-19 in the week leading up to the workshop or on the day of the workshop, OR
* you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms in the week leading up to the workshop or on the day of the workshop, OR
* you otherwise feel unwell in the week leading up to the workshop or on the day of the workshop, OR
* you are self-isolating on the day of the workshop while awaiting a PCR test result,
3. Be sure to bring at least one face mask – more if you might want to put a fresh one on later in the day. Masks will be worn during small-group discussion sections. Speakers standing in front of the group may remove their masks. Participants listening to presentations may remove their masks whilst listening if they wish.
4. A side door will be kept ajar in the workshop venue for ventilation. It’s a good idea to dress in layers.
5. Participants are encouraged to go out into the courtyard or up to street level to chat during breaks.
6. SELTA will endeavour to source food in individual portions for lunch and coffee breaks to reduce the amount of contact via shared surfaces.
7. If COVID-19 rules change and make it impossible for the workshop to go ahead, SELTA will refund the price of workshop tickets already purchased.