This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Experienced translator of literary and genre fiction, narrative non-fiction, and creative commercial writing
• Native speaker of English, born and educated in the UK, lived in Canada 2007–17
• Translator in full-time private practice since 1996, working mainly from Swedish and Norwegian to English, and occasionally from Danish, Dutch and German to English
• Member, Chartered Institute of Linguists
• Passed the American Translators Association (ATA) certification exam, Swedish to English, 2014
• Passed the Canadian (CTTIC) translator certification exam, Norwegian and Swedish to English, 2007
• Postgraduate Diploma in Translation, University of Surrey, 1996
• General Degree of Master of Arts, University of Edinburgh, 1990
• Hjalmar Söderberg: Martin Birck's Youth [Martin Bircks ungdom]
Norvik Press, Norwich, 2004. ISBN 9781870041577
Genre fiction – erotica
• Malva B: Desire—erotic short stories [Begär—oanständiga berättelser]
Saga Egmont Lust, Copenhagen, 2019. ISBN 9788726267891
• Several Kindle e-books from Swedish and German
• Various sex education materials for RFSU, the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education
Full-length book samples
• Maria Bouroncle: It Came to Me on a Whim [Det kom för mig i en hast]
Translation commissioned 2020 by the author, who is currently marketing the English rights.
• Anders Björklund: The G’psgolox Totem Pole. On the Art of Exchanging Gifts [Hövdingens totempåle. Om konsten att utbyta gåvor]
Translation commissioned 2019 by the Royal BC Museum, Victoria, BC, Canada. Publication cancelled for reasons unconnected with the translation. The English rights have reverted to the author.